Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Waiting

Dear friends,

I got a call tonight from my friend Julie who called me from the other side of the planet. She told me it would be better to update you and let you know that I am waiting for test results, than to wait until I have them.

My pollop was clear of cancer, so I don't have to go back for 5 years...And I went to see Dr. Sienko, my oncologist, the day after I wrote last time. Greg tried to go with me, but they were running behind and he needed to get back to work.

Dr. Sienko decided after we talked that I should have a CAT scan of my neck, one of my chest to my hips and a total body bone scan. I haven't had one of those for many years. The tests are all done and I will call tomorrow to see if I can get the results. He scheduled an appointment with me later this month to go over test results, but maybe I can get them to move it up since the tests are already done. Now it is just the waiting. Thank you for your prayers.

I saw a tiny picture of the bone scan right afterward. I would like to see it in more detail. It didn't look like my right ribs were showing anything, so that is good. My right shoulder was lit up, but that makes sense because of my shoulder repair. I will let you know after I find out. B.y the way, my PT signed me out on Thursday. I am officially on my own with my shoulder now. I am supposed to do my exercizes at home 3-4 times a week until summer. My shoulder is doing well.

My ears are not all better yet (it has been a month) but I am hearing fine, so it is much better than it was. There is still some inner ear fluid left, and it isn't bothering me too much.

Greg and I saw a huge bull moose on our way home from church last week. It was a much better view than the first one we saw. This one was walking in a meadow out in the open. When he got about 25 yards away Greg suggested I get back in the car, because they are apparently pretty fast. I just am amazed that we live in a place where we can see moose within a mile of our house! Who would have thought this a year ago?

This is a big week at Partners International. The leaders are in from all over the 10/40 Window. Thursday they are going to be giving reports and I plan to be there for most of that day. Please pray for the leadership team and their planning meetings and budget setting this week. It is intense for the staff who work here, and just think of the ones who have jet lag on top of all the meetings! Greg's department is in charge of all the logistics and computers and power points, etc. I'll try to collect a few stories to share with you.

Well, thanks for waiting with me! God bless you- Nancy

1 comment:

Marti said...

Glad to hear your polyp was cancer-free, and that other things seem to be on the mend. May God continue to heal and renew you!