Wednesday, July 02, 2008

My 25th Anniversary today!

Dear friends,

It is July 2nd and 25 years ago, about now, Greg and I got married at his parents’ house in Benton, PA. It was a hot day, like this one in Spokane, but a lot more humid. I remember waking up that morning and hearing thunder clapping- and then I thought of the piano we had moved out there to the lawn the day before. We had covered it well, but actual rain? We discovered later that morning that it had gotten so humid that the piano made no sound when played. So several took turns out there with a hair dryer on an extension cord blow drying the pads. It worked, praise God!

We have been nostalgic this week remembering who was there, our gift of a honeymoon in the Poconos, driving across the country to our new home in Pasadena with our German Shepherd puppy, Jedi, in the Chevette with us. Those were exciting days!

I also remember all who prayed for our union. God has blessed us in huge ways. He provided a home and great housemates to live with in community for 7 ½ years, a home in Denver and now one in Spokane, WA. We have been privileged to work in amazing ministry all these years as well. Our focus on the unreached peoples continues to be at the heart of what we get to do as a job, and that is a true and ultimate gift from God. We have four beautiful and healthy children who love the Lord and who have hearts for the nations. We have friends serving all around the globe as well as friends everywhere we have lived.

Ten years ago we actually commented on how blessed and relatively easy our lives had been. We knew that was unusual and just thanked God for the smooth times and asked Him to get us ready for any hard ones coming up. Nine years ago right now, I was beginning chemo therapy for breast cancer. Two years ago, I was going through the same thing with radiation thrown in. Currently I have DVT’s (deep vein thrombosis) in both calves and am getting “titrated” on Coumadin and retested for cancer as the doctors can’t think of any reason other than that for me to be getting clots with no history or incidents to cause it. So it is sort of a “Here we go again…” but I have to tell you what I am thankful for. It is me and not one of my kids or Greg going through this. Also, I have gotten to experience the ‘fellowship of His sufferings,’ and the richness and intimacy of that place I wouldn’t trade for anything. We have learned much and are so grateful to a God who loves us beyond comprehension.

I am also thankful for a great husband. We have had so much fun together. Memories on top of memories! He is godly and disciplined and I am less disciplined but very creative. We complement each other and are committed to working through even the disagreements. Divorce is not an option for us. We promised 25 years ago, and by the grace of God, we have been able to keep that promise. Thank you to all of you who pray for us. We are so thankful for you also! Where would we be without friends and family?!
I hope you have a nice day. Blessings- Nancy Fritz

1 comment:

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Happy Anniversary, Nancy & Greg. I loved reading your story!