Thursday, October 12, 2006

White counts and Neupogen 10-12-06

Thursday 10-12-06
Dear friends,
I asked you on Tuesday to pray about the possibility of me doing another 5 Neupogen shots to boost my white count. The first time I did the shots at the second week mark, my white count went up to over 14. That is even higher than the normal range. This time at 2 weeks, it was 3.3. Normal is over 4. And typically is goes down again during the third week. So my doctor had me get blood drawn again today and will let me know tomorrow about the shots. He indicated that I will probably need to do them. What is good is that I can start them tomorrow if I do them and get over the achy side effects in time to get ready for my trip on the 22nd. I am feeling very fatigued, so I won't be surprised if my counts are even lower than Monday. I will let you know when I know.
Next Tuesday I am scheduled to get my port removed and I am looking forward to that. I don't need it anymore and it needs to be used or cleaned every month that it is in my upper right chest. It gets sore sometimes and it seems like a good time to get that over with before radiation. I am so thankful that I had it as it made my chemo treatments so much easier and less painful. I didn't have to have infusion needles put into my hand this time, which was really painful when I had chemo 7 years ago.
Tomorrow I am going to attempt to make a wrist corsage for Jesse's date to the homecoming dance. I know how to make boutonnières, so I hope I am up to the challenge. I downloaded directions and am feeling brave.
Greg leaves tomorrow, so I need to help him finish packing his food. He is excited about this trip and is eager to get there. It is about 5 hours away. Jesse will go there next week with his uncle and cousin who will join them for a few days here and there.
Jenni and I are setting up our itinerary for our PA/NY college visit trip. I sent the newsletters out yesterday, so if you are on our mailing list you should look for them sometime soon. Let me know if you would like to be added to our mailing list. You can email me at nancyfritz@aol.com if you want to communicate with me. I have been told that the blog isn't letting some of you make comments. God bless you, and thanks again for your interest and prayers. Nancy Fritz

No comments: