Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A beautiful fall day in Spokane!

Hello friends,

It is a beautiful fall warm day today. This is one of Spokane's best ones! This morning Greg and I went to a meeting of leaders where we discussed having a city-wide missions conference. When we talked about what time of year to have it, and we all agreed that winter is the only good idea. It is dark here in the winter, so why not go to a conference? Now we are beginning to meet for prayer about this and to figure out how to ramp up (gear up) to do this in Spokane. Another thing that is being done in Oregon is a kids' missions camp. We got to hear about that program and it was so exciting that we are hoping we can also bring that idea into reality here in Spokane. I am getting a lesson ready for October 8th's Kids' Country Club featuring Ghana. I stopped at the library to get some books to use in my curriculum writing.

Our time in Montana last week was very good. The Prairie Bible Institute students seemed tired as they had just rafted for 5 days, but they still appreciated the testimonies and teaching we and others did for them. It was a good time to connect with the PBI leadership folks too.

We have had two of the five townhouses of Moody Bible Institute girls over for dinner this week. So we have gotten to know 11 of them better. And you can't get more satisfaction than cooking home cooked food for college students. They are so sweet! A few of them are planning to come and help out at our church Ghana night next week.

I was invited to a women's retreat this weekend and it was wonderful! The speaker gave us lots to think about amidst much humor. I got to know many from our church and several other churches better. Jesse and Greg survived fine without me, but don't want to make it a habit.

Tomorrow I am scheduled for a CAT scan of my kidneys and bladder since I have blood showing up in my urine. It is enough to cause him concern and has been happening for quite a while. My doctor said he has to figure out what is causing it, and it could be serious. I know that they will be using a contrast. It is scheduled for 4:15. I will let you know when I get results. I know something strange is going on in my abdomen. It feels strange intermittently. My INR was 3.7 yesterday, so still too high. And I have a swollen area behind my left knee where one of my clots was. The thinking is that it is a fluid cyst caused maybe by my compression stockings. I have to ice it twice a day. I can still go walking, but only a mile for now.

I am getting ready for a trip to Denver October 14-21. I will be teaching kids on Sunday when I am there. I am working on Dalit curriculum to take with me to give to the Dalit Freedom Network also. I am working out my schedule and figuring out where to stay and a car to drive while I am there, etc.

Allison was on skype with us last week. We were able to see each other and talk for over an hour. It was wonderful to see her. She is adjusting and enjoying her time there. Laura just moved since her roommate is getting married this weekend. Jenni calls to tell us about good grades. Jesse just wrote a proposal for his trip to Africa in the spring and turned it in to the short term missions guy at Partners International. He plans to go to Senegal and Mali in late January-May.

I am still working on a pictorial newsletter, so watch for that sometime soon. Blessings- Nancy

No comments: