Saturday, September 20, 2008

Montana- Here we come!

Dear friends,

It is the end of Saturday afternoon and dinner is cooking. Today I did lots of cleaning and switched the porch decorations to fall colors. I held off as long as I could, but the weather is beginning to change, and I have to keep up with the neighbors, right?

Also today, I got things ready to take to Montana. Greg and I will be doing 4 hours of missions training with 15 Prairie Bible Institute students who are preparing for a mission trip. We are doing much of what we did this summer at a Christian camp near Spokane. We will share our stories, do a few skits and demonstrations, share media and our passion for the lost. Our time with the 13 students this summer was amazing. We received encouraging feedback from them and the camp leadership, so now we are taking the "show on the road." The hardest part of planning our 4 hour time, is trying to figure out which things to do, when we have 100+ hours of things we could do. I think this is what defines missions mobilizers. I can hardly put on paper the depth of passion I have for doing these kinds of trainings. And we live in a city full of college and university students...Hmmmm...

Tonight we are going to meet with the girls (Moody Bible Institute mostly freshmen) who live in our townhouses. We are making plans to have them over to our house for dinner in the next few weeks. Tonight we are deciding of the name of the townhouses. We would like to ask you to pray about unit #6. One of the former tenants has a lease through the end of October, and at this point we don't have a waiting list on that unit. We can't afford to have her move and flip it unless we have new renters lined up. We see God's hand in having her there with her 2 children. They have gotten to know the Moody students who have been genuinely loving them in a way that seems to be new to them. So what is the Author intending for this situation? Thanks for praying with us about this.

I went to the anticoagulation clinic yesterday and my INR was 3.9, which is high. It is supposed to be between 2 and 3 and a normal level is 1. So we made some adjustments and hopefully it will come down to where it should be. My legs have been sore, but I have still been able to walk in the evenings with Greg. Yesterday I got some new understanding from my chiropractor. My neck has been hurting a lot and I have had some days that I have to take migrane medicine due to headaches. Mike explained that at the left side of the base of my neck, where they did radiation 2 years ago, there is a lot of scar tissue developing. The scar tissue is grabbing onto my neck muscles and pulling on them. That makes my muscles sore and my neck go out of place more often. I have been going about one time a week. I think I am functioning at about 60% of what I was able to do before my cancers.

Jesse has healed very quickly. He was back to school in 5 days after his appendectomy and was participating in his tumbling class in 7 days! He had his post-op appointment and the doctor said he seems fine.

Well, it is time to go. Blessings to you! Nancy Fritz

No comments: