Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I have a wonderful life!

Dear friends,

What about you? Is yours wonderful? I have a loving husband, fun kids who are thoughtful and love each other, a nice home to live in, a computer to type on, sweet neighbors who snowblow our driveway off from the last 8" of the five feet that have fallen here so far this month. (We just broke the last record for Dec. which was in 1880! When backs were breaking and fatigued, along came Sean and his snowblower from across the street! )

I have a loving Heavenly Father, a relationship with my Messiah and know the peace of the Holy Spirit. I have had the privilege of meeting people in many countries around the world and have many amazing friends and extended family members. I have learned enough to know there is still much to learn. I have had excellent health care and have survived almost ten years so far after discovering breast cancer for the first time and have lived through a recurrence almost 3 years ago. I have a wonderful church home in Spokane currently, and have in every place I have lived since giving my life to the Lord at age 14. I have had the privilege of being involved in the evangelical missions endeaver and Greg and I have seen the Lord provide for us and our family since 1980- 29 years! That provision has included a partnership with scores of personal ministry partners who shared our vision for reaching the lost with the Gospel in the hardest places in the world.

I have walked the streets of Jerusalem and Telavive, of the soukhs in Uzbekistan and have ridden up a Kyrgyz mountain on the back of a horse and shared food with a cow herding family at the top. I have gotten the most sunburned in my life and had a snake draped over my shoulders in Malaysia. I have ridden bikes in Amsterdam and walked through the streets of Frankfurt. I have attended a missions conference in Edinburgh and spent New Year's eve walking with Greg along the edge of the Dead Sea. I have bartered for shalwar camises in the underground shops of New Delhi and felt a demonic presence in a hindu temple there. I have had the privilege of teaching kids about missions all over the U.S. as well as in El Salvador through a translator.

I have experienced hospitality in many homes of those who didn't share a word of my language. I have dialoged with university students in Indonesia, and shared missions vision with those in my own country. I have had the honor of hosting international friends in our home. I have mentored younger women, and been mentored by older ones. I have participated in a community house for 7 1/2 years and given birth at home to 4 healthy children. That is a lot to be thankful for, and is just part of why I think I have a wonderful life.

As tomorrow eve brings in the inevitable start of the new year, I pray that I will receive all that the Lord brings my way with a grateful heart. He is the Author and Finisher and I look forward to what He will write on the pages of my life in 2009. Thanks for hanging in there and reading what I have written. The fact that anyone reads what I write here, amazes me. I am honored. Email me at nancyfritz@aol.com if you'd like to be in touch personally.

Blessings-
Nancy Fritz

1 comment:

Barbara Ruth said...

That's a great word nancy. We all have so MUCH to be grateful for, not the least of which is life. Thanks for taking the time to post that and a blessed new year to you! Barb O.