Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My girls are coming home today!

Dear friends,

Greg got home with Jenni at 2:00 a.m. on Saturday morning. Everything went well after they found each other in Seattle at the correct bus station. Apparently there were two bus stations and Greg was looking for her at the one she wasn't at. Greg was also running on fumes in the truck and couldn't find a gas station. Finally, after finding Jenni they found gas and got on the road home. They flelt the Lord's presence with them. Thank you for praying.

We wondered if today would be a similar story. Allison is coming from Buson South Korea and Laura from Baltimore. Allison is in Portland and as far as she knows now, her flight to Spokane is on time. (She just let us know she is delayed 40 minutes as of 11:00 a.m.) Laura is in flight and so far, so good. It is snowing right now, again. There is already 3 to 4 feet of snow on the roof. Several days since Thursday the airport has suspended flights due to weather and I am holding my breath and praying as I wait to hear that they both have landed. Laura only has until Monday, so it would be very sad for her to end up sitting in an airport. I will let you know when they land.

Greg and Jesse are down at the townhouses where the drains are full of ice, the rooves full of show and huge ice cycles. Their goal was to get the ice out of the gutters and put some kind of heated tape in them to keep them from refreezing. The ice cycles could kill someone and right over the doorways of the units. They also have to shovel- again. Greg is tired of shoveling and paying Jenni and Jesse and his friends to help him, but there are no snow blowers to be had.

Tomorrow we plan to have a Christmas dinner that will look very Thanksgiving-ish. That was Allison's request. One girl from our townhouses, maybe a student from Ghana, a family from Partners and maybe another couple from Partners. Things are already well on the way and I have all these helpers and we are looking forward to getting it all on the table together.

I got my catheretor out on Monday. What a relief! I thought about the fact that my father had a cathetor for 18 years! And I had a hard time getting to 5 days. I am gradually healing and the soreness is subsiding. I am taking it easy and following doctor's orders. I am not aloowed to drive until January 5th. That is a little tough because I have to be patient and less spontaneous. I haven't gotten our Christmas cards out yet, but will as soon as I can. I just ran out of energy and time. I thank you ahead of time for understanding. We are enjoying the cards and letters we are receiving from so many of you. Our address is 805 E. Huron Dr., Spokane, WA 99208, in case you'd like to send us one.

I have somehow misplaced our camera and hope that it shows up soon. It is a memory thing- chemo brain. It is a mystery to me how I could have lost it so thouroughly. Fortunately, the girls have cameras, so I can still have pictures of the holiday. I hope that you have been able to get to those you plan to spend the holidays with. Jesse is going to be Joseph in the Christmas Eve service tonight. May the Lord bless you and those you love. Nancy Fritz

No comments: