Monday, September 18, 2006

9/18/06 One week until #5- So far, so good!

September 18th, 2006
Dear friends,
I want to let you know that God isn’t just listening to our prayers, but He is choosing to answer with some of them with a “yes!” Just for the record, we are never promised yes answers, or that life will be easy. But He does promise to be with His children. I can testify that HE IS HERE, and that He is involved in my life in an intimate loving way. Even if our prayers were answered with “no’s”.
It is almost 2 weeks since chemo #4. The good news is that I have made it pretty well these last 2 weeks. The not so good news is that I have to do it again (and for the last time!) in a week. I was told back at the beginning a list of some probable long term side effects from one of my chemos (Taxitere). Those have to do with general bone aches and also nerve damage in my fingers and feet/toes. My doctor told me that those would be the worst in the 2 months following my chemo treatment and would totally go away at about 18 months to 2 years. The very good news so far is that although some of that has been happening, it has really been very little so far. They are like migratory arthritis pains that I feel for a little while and then they go away. Some nerve tingling, but it also goes away. Most people only have 4 rounds of this chemo, so I am thinking if it was going to be severe, I would be experiencing more of if by now. After the initial chemo side effects and Neupogen shot side effects of intense hip, back and neck pain die down about 11-12 days into the cycle, I just have some aches and pains and headaches to deal with. Oh, and lots of hot flashes! I have to take naps many days, but the medicines have helped me deal with the side effects (other than the hot flashes) adequately.
My blood work shows my white counts to be good. Some other levels are off- either high or low, but nothing alarming. I had blood taken today to see how I am doing this week before chemo so Dr. Bourg can closely monitor my situation.
So, if you are with me and my neck starts turning red, I will probably pull off my outer sweater and fan myself. It just can’t be helped! Thanks for praying and caring and reading these blogs. I am so grateful for those standing in the gap with me.Blessings- Nancy

No comments: